Monday, June 15, 2009

GRADUMACATED!

About to get on the red eye to New York City in 4 hours with Janelle, thanks to Anna's amazing MTV internship in Times Square!

This past week was a blur. I guess life is always a blur. I'm not sure how I feel about graduating, it hasn't completely hit me yet. And maybe cuz I still have to come back to finish summer classes, so I'm not absolutely "done". Also, kinda a bummer that I only got to spend a day with my mom and sister. We watched Up in 3D, tho, and I'm pretty sure my mom wants to adopt Russel :)
Anyway I already miss my classes, mostly my awesome English professors whom I talk about for hours with my roommate. My roommate will be taking science classes this summer, so who will I have stalker-ish conversations with?!? I complain non-stop about school during finals and papers, but deep down, I am a huge nerd who genuinely enjoys school and learning, and I really am disappointed that I only have a summer left of it. I'm one of the fortunate ones who were lucky enough to experience the enriching academic and social aspects of a University for 4 years, and I'm glad I never took it for granted. Well, enough about school. It's not over yet. This summer is gonna be great :0)

New York is split up into little districts like Paris (at least that's how I see it)... I'm so excited for the MUSEUMS and FOOD. I'm also excited about mastering the subway system, not that it's too hard... I have an affinity for crowded, chaotic places that have an organized underpinning. I found some amazing comedy clubs and great music scenes :) Yelp is awesome. I love how everything is open until 4 am. I won't be doing too much shopping as much as window shopping ,which is just as fun (or so I tell myself).

The weather for the days I'm gonna be there:

Tue
Jun 16

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

71°
57°

20%


71°F

Wed
Jun 17

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

70°
61°

10%


70°F

Thu
Jun 18

Showers
Showers

67°
64°

40%


67°F

Fri
Jun 19

Showers
Showers

76°
66°

40%


76°F

Sat
Jun 20

Showers
Showers

74°
66°

40%


74°F

Sun
Jun 21

Scattered T-Storms
Scattered T-Storms

78°
65°

40%


78°F

Mon
Jun 22

Scattered T-Storms
Scattered T-Storms

76°
66°

40%


76°F

JUST GREAT. But a little summer rain never stopped nobody :) I'll just wear my NC boots, put on a cute hat, work with layers, open up an umbrella, and VOILA! problem solved.

It's so hard to pack with just 1 suitcase, espcially cuz my sleeping bag, pillow, and towel already takes up about 3/4 of the room. Guess I'll be wearing the same clothes a lot...

Can't wait to experience the arts and culture capital of the US!

No comments: