I went to the Standard and Library Bar! the ambiance at the Library Bar is actually very nice. New York-ish but in LA. The people too. I like it when you can go to a bar and there are guys there that are just hanging out with each other and not trying to pick up girls. and you can have decent conversations without there being any inappropriate expectations. Not that it ever really happens. Anyway, we ended the night at Maloneys again, like we always do, and do you even have to ask? Yes, Greg was there. and he let us skip the line. I'm just counting the days till he gets sick of me.
Yardhouse tonight with my homies (literally)!! Cindipede found a picture of us from Repetto in like... 7th grade?!? and everyone looked the same except me!!! I looked SO different. And man, did I have bad style. And I mean hair style. You know the kids in the movies that always get made fun of and are the outcasts with no friends, and you can immediately spot them? Well I feel like I looked like that kid, but I had no idea!!! No one ever told me or was mean to me or hinted anything about the way I looked (or at least not that I was aware of), and I always had a good group of friends. Guess I got lucky and grew up in an unshallow neighborhood :) It's weird that I look so different, but I feel like the exact same person. I always just wore what I liked, and I still do, and my hair is just like... "well that works!" (altho it really didn't in 7th grade...). I had to do triple takes on that picture like "WHAT?! How did I not know I used to look like that?" Ahahaha. I wonder if I'll think that about how I am now, when I look back in 10 years... Anyway, I had a blast in Jr. High, I suppose that's all that matters. Thanks for being friends with me when I had a crazy boy bangs, guys!
I hope the meeting-up tradition continues till... always. And we'll chat about life etc. when we're mahjonging it like ballers and we're way beyond menopause and we'll have already smoothed out all the kinks along the rollercoaster ride (or at least have jolted past them) and all that's left is sunny afternoons on porches sipping tea with buzzing bees, and hitting on old grandpas (which of course we will do. I call the one with the most teeth and joint flexibility).
And now I'm back at "home" home, in my sisters room even tho it's hot as heck. I like it more than my own room. Cuz she's in it. I like my mom's room best. Sometimes I think that if I were my sister and I had me for a sister, I would be really irritated and be like "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" all the time. But she's very accepting. I'm just a really lucky girl, family and friends wise.
Thanks :)
PS. My camera died so I sadly do not have pictures. My cameras keep breaking on me. Maybe if I name the next one it'll feel inclined to stay around longer?
No comments:
Post a Comment