ever since I've moved home, all my clothes have kinda just been jam packed into my closet. I guess I could be considered a pack rat... i have way too much STUFF for an average person. maybe even borderline... ok probably SEVERLY excessive. I should organize. It'd probably help with the clutter upstairs too. And by upstairs I mean in my head. When I move into my own apt someday, I would love to have a proper closet that actually fits everything. I don't think it's asking for much... maybe just something that looks like this:


Then I can just sleep in it and be happy forever and ever.
I feel like I'm in a transition state again. like I'm in between big things, moving towards that pinnacle but very, tortuously slooooowly. It's not that I'm waiting on Australia, just a restlessness bug. Restless of right now. These moments.
Speaking of Australia, maybe I should warn my boss(es) that I'm leaving for Australia in 6 weeks... might be a good idear?
Since I'm home more often now, I've been trying to hunt down gastronomic hideouts around this humble little town. This weekend I went to Cook's Tortas, which happens to be on S. Atlantic Blvd, right before Atlantic Square. I've probably driven past it a bajillion times and never gave it a second glance, which is a shame because it's gotta be one of the most adorable places in East LA/Mpk. It's completely unpretentious on the outside, but inside looks like it should belong in Silver Lake or Culver City or some artsy fartsy hipster neighborhood. Plus they have awesome drinks like "Watermelon/Mint" and "Celery/Lime" that looks absolutely refreshing!


So a torta is basically a Mexican sandwich that OD-ed on mayo. I think in this case, though, they skimped on the mayo to save all of our cholesterols, since most of us don't have the artery capacity of a massive Hispanic luchador. I cannot imagine finishing the other half of that sandwich in one sitting.
Ok this sounds completely creepy but ever since I friended my professor on FB, he shows up on my newsfeed since he constantly updates the world about his 3 yr old son. And how do I know his son is 3 (and named Gibson)? Shut up, I'm not a stalker! Anyway, if you know me at all, I have never, ever, in all of my existence, ever desired a nuclear family, nor harnessed maternal instincts of any kind. I'm more of a "I'll take care of ME ME ME and you can go screw yourself if you even ask me to share half of my oreo with you" kind of person. Being a baby mama has never really been a goal of mine, and I may adopt someday but that's kinda like signing a death certificate.
But watching my professor's videos of his son and wife... it almost makes me reconsider. Maybe, there's just a minuscule ounce of possibility that having a precious, darling, and sometimes psychotic little kid and a loving partner who basically worships you (and likewise), isn't the worst thing in the world. Watching them is too heart-melting... it almost makes me want to say, "I want that someday!" Almost. But I'm also aware that my professor's family is just one lucky, very rare example that worked, out of the trillion that fail. So... I'm not a creep for watching his family videos, am I? Am I? Am I? Am I? AM I?!?
Anyway like I said, I'm in a transitional phase. Lack of substance in this post duly noted. Peace out 'till it's over!
I feel like I'm in a transition state again. like I'm in between big things, moving towards that pinnacle but very, tortuously slooooowly. It's not that I'm waiting on Australia, just a restlessness bug. Restless of right now. These moments.
Speaking of Australia, maybe I should warn my boss(es) that I'm leaving for Australia in 6 weeks... might be a good idear?
Since I'm home more often now, I've been trying to hunt down gastronomic hideouts around this humble little town. This weekend I went to Cook's Tortas, which happens to be on S. Atlantic Blvd, right before Atlantic Square. I've probably driven past it a bajillion times and never gave it a second glance, which is a shame because it's gotta be one of the most adorable places in East LA/Mpk. It's completely unpretentious on the outside, but inside looks like it should belong in Silver Lake or Culver City or some artsy fartsy hipster neighborhood. Plus they have awesome drinks like "Watermelon/Mint" and "Celery/Lime" that looks absolutely refreshing!


So a torta is basically a Mexican sandwich that OD-ed on mayo. I think in this case, though, they skimped on the mayo to save all of our cholesterols, since most of us don't have the artery capacity of a massive Hispanic luchador. I cannot imagine finishing the other half of that sandwich in one sitting.
Ok this sounds completely creepy but ever since I friended my professor on FB, he shows up on my newsfeed since he constantly updates the world about his 3 yr old son. And how do I know his son is 3 (and named Gibson)? Shut up, I'm not a stalker! Anyway, if you know me at all, I have never, ever, in all of my existence, ever desired a nuclear family, nor harnessed maternal instincts of any kind. I'm more of a "I'll take care of ME ME ME and you can go screw yourself if you even ask me to share half of my oreo with you" kind of person. Being a baby mama has never really been a goal of mine, and I may adopt someday but that's kinda like signing a death certificate.
But watching my professor's videos of his son and wife... it almost makes me reconsider. Maybe, there's just a minuscule ounce of possibility that having a precious, darling, and sometimes psychotic little kid and a loving partner who basically worships you (and likewise), isn't the worst thing in the world. Watching them is too heart-melting... it almost makes me want to say, "I want that someday!" Almost. But I'm also aware that my professor's family is just one lucky, very rare example that worked, out of the trillion that fail. So... I'm not a creep for watching his family videos, am I? Am I? Am I? Am I? AM I?!?
Anyway like I said, I'm in a transitional phase. Lack of substance in this post duly noted. Peace out 'till it's over!
No comments:
Post a Comment