Wow I haven't written in a while, I miss it! for this blog, and for publications that actually matter... don't know where all the time goes! Time for writing, reading, pondering and chin-scratching introspection (aka M.E. time). I miss chillin with me. Maybe I should just lock myself in my room for a few days... pen, paper, pistachio ice cream, a box of raisinets all up in some popcorn... BLISS. I didn't appreciate journalism while I was doing it, but maybe I should start writing for a publication again... just to keep my hand in and such, ya know? I'm actually looking forward to writing my first paper when/if I get into grad school! Yes, I'm a nerd and I don't care.
Haven't been to a show in a while, either! I actually miss being squished endlessly just to be in the front row for a crappy opener. Ben Folds is coming to LA in May 12 & 13th at the Henry Fonda Theater! Anyone wanna join?!? The last time I was there was about 2 years ago for the Hotel Cafe Tour, when I wasn't of age to get into the ACTUAL Hotel Cafe, when Ingrid Michaelson and Joshua Radin were still Indie, and when I still had the stamina to stand for the entire 3.5 hrs just to catch the sweat glinting off faces of emo, tormented singer/songwriter types with their harmonicas ...so young and naively enthusiastic
EXCITED FOR THIS ONE:
Ben Folds also did a project where University students sing A Cappella versions of his songs! harmonizing gets me every time...:
No comments:
Post a Comment