PIANO BAR IN HOLLYWOOD!
Sure the neighborhood is filled with crackheads and the streets smell like hobo’s urine, and the bar has about 5 decades worth of grime covering it, but it houses the best small-venue live music band I’ve ever heard!!!
The band that plays every Sunday at 11pm, Big Sal's (I think?) is a mix of groovy jazz and funk, and the guitarists are siiiiiiiiiiick. The singer/pianist has a voice so dirty it rivals the sticky bar counters :] If you can't make it to New Orleans or time-travel back to the Harlem Renaissance during the Jazz Age, being inside Piano Bar with this band literally feels like you are witnessing some of the best musicians of the era. Yowza!
Best of all, IT’S FREE.
Cheap alcohol too (so I’ve heard, I didn’t drink)! Some things are worth driving through the horrible traffic engineering of Hollywood to get to. Oh, and it's also on the same block as Hotel Cafe. WHO KNEW?!?! I am in love with this place!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment