Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012!!!

I always ask everyone else, but what are your new years resolutions?!?!!?


I guess I like to know because it gets me all excited to hear that people are starting something new, making big goals, devising plans, catalyzing changes!

As for myself, I don't have anything too concrete...

Live every single day to the fullest, live every single moment with absolutely no regrets.  

That's basically it.

That in itself already encompasses a bajillion things.

Give more love to the people around me.  Show more love.  Share more love.  Be inspired.  Inspire others.  Spread enthusiasm. Get excited.  Find JOY.

PATIENCE.  That's something I will forever struggle with.

Oh, and something that I'm gonna try to work really hard on is to harness the appreciation of good food, and not eat any pastries EXCEPT for the ones I bake myself, or baked FRESH from a really good bakery.  This will encourage me to keep experimenting with baking :D and avoid craving those plastic-y neon pink frosted cupcakes that have been sitting on the baked goods section of Ralphs for 3 years. although they do look like they taste like sugar-coated happiness...

And I should probably aim for internal growth and maturity... and to be more responsible and organized.  (that one probably isn't gonna happen either).

Oh, and TRAVEL.  it's been a while since I've traveled out of the continent (cancun doesn't count) so trips for 2012 that I'm aiming for are:

Central America (Costa Rica)
Seattle
Miami
East Coast (Boston, VA, Pennsylvania, Maine, etc.)
Eastern Europe summer backpacking trip 


Those are goals that are DEFINITELY happening.


It's a chance to start over, to improve, or to continue with something solid.  New adventures, relationships, experiences, moments of happiness and enlightenment and growth... Whatever your new year is for, or even of you don't believe in "New Years", or even if you think we're all gonna die this year:


HAPPY 2012 EVERYONE, KEEP DREAMING BIG! :D

No comments: