Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So now that fall recruiting is over, I have to say, I feel relieved. By no means am I prepared for next fall, and by no means do I have a backup plan if no one hires me after winter qtr. But I'm still relieved that the whole "pretending to be enthusiastic about working at a desk job" charade is over.

I think my lack of concern for the whole recruiting process really shows in the interviews, when they compare me to everyone else who's got "hire me! hire me!" stitched-in all across their immaculate business suits. And it doesn't really help that I don't really know as much about the business professions as I should. I wish I could be excited about auditing or taxes, but it's not wired into my brain like that. It's like... training a fish to live on land! But then I guess according to evolution that would make me an amphibian. Or something. Shut up.

I guess I'm torn. Part of me really wishes someone would hire me so that I wouldn't have to search for a sugar daddy come next September. But another part of me doesn't want to be sucked into the corporate vacuum. Also, the current and probably near-future economy is working against me anyway. Dilemma, dilemma.


Or just give me a way to pay off my student loans. And buy stuff.

You know what? I'm leaving it up to fate. If someone hires me, I'll put aside my dreams in a little shoe box for a few years. I mean, a steady paycheck never killed nobody right? But if no one hires me for a full-time job, I'm taking it as a green light to go for what I want.
And that's that. Problemo gone.

No comments: