Thursday, January 29, 2009

driving away from the wreck of the day

You know what's cool? The guitar about 3/4 of the way into "Over My Head" - The Fray.

You know what else is cool? This picture:

I went to this bar today and met this guy. It wasn't sleazy, he has a fiance, and she was there. Got you interested yet?

Well it's my blog so I'm telling it anyway! So this girl i work with wanted to go to an "event" at 7Grand for some group she likes and I thought... "why not? it's only 5 blocks from the LA Times building." I had no idea what the meet-up was about, and that guy was the only other person there who was just as lost as I was. So naturally, we chatted. First of all, he came with his fiance just because she wanted him to. Sweet huh? Second of all, he really is just sweet.

Long story short, after meeting him, I actually have hope in the male species. Not that I'm such a catch and have any right to set standards, but now I know there are guys who really are down to earth, interesting to talk to, decent looking, and not a shallow greaseball horn dog. Or as a girl in my English class once put, "fawning, simpering, weasle-boy." And he's engaged. It's true, all the good ones are always taken. But at least now I know they exist, right?


Well I only talked to him for like an hr and a half. So he could really be an incognito asshole who reveals his true self after the initial conversation. Guess I'll never know.

No comments: