Thursday, March 19, 2009

LEGEND wait for it wait for it -ARY!!!

undie run! actually a rather slow one this year. It was more like undie walk for the majority of it. They keep trying to close it down, but NEVER!!! The route has changed at least 4 times since I've been here. I'll miss this! It was actually more fun sober! And it sounds lame, but it IS tradition! U-C-L-A! U-C-L-A fuck SC!!! The best part is running through that tunnel/bridge, seeing TONS of people ahead of you and tons MORE behind you, doing the 8-clap. That's a bad shot, but good photography wasn't really my biggest concern at that moment

Ok, so after thinking about my 8-20 page Romantics paper for about... 5 years, I've decided to completely change my thesis. I've tried working around my original thesis, but it's not cohesive enough. I just can't do it. I've accumulated like 10 pages of notes, and it's all just bullshit to me. Pure bullshit. So now, I'm starting from scratch. And it's due in less than 2 days. And I already feel like I fucked up my final today. I must be crazy. But I really like this new thesis, I think it's gonna work. I'm writing it much faster than my original one. And here's what I tell myself: If I put every single neuron I have into this paper, annotate, analyze, pick apart and put back together every little word, every punctuation, every meter in these poems, if I put everything I have into it, I'll have so much more fun in Mexico!

So I might not sleep for the next two days. I'm definitely not going out.

Maybe I can invoke a muse. Like Milton did. And like Blake did with Milton. That means I should invoke Blake, to keep the chain going. Except I don't have a prophetic message to share. And Blake's mind is a little too out there for me. So maybe Coleridge. I invoke you, Coleridge! Even though you were an extremely neurotic, deeply depressed, artistically insecure, opium addict! Or maybe I should just shut up and write my shitty paper before I waste any more time.

No comments: