We got to the clubs too late on the first night, so we couldn't get in without paying because the guestlists close at 12:30. And we were not about to pay for a club in Vegas. nuh-uh. so instead, we went to club mickey-D's with the rest of the rejects.On saturday, promoter man got us into a pool party in the daytime. Jess and Katie had bought yardlongs 10 minutes earlier, and we found out weren't allowed to bring outside drinks in! so we basically had to suck up those watered-down margartias first thing in the morning... it was pretty BLEGH. Anyway, the pool was really schmancy! There seemed to be a 21-28 yrs old age restriction. There were nude girls just sitting around, it coulda been in a rap video. If only lil'wayne were there...
They didn't allow pictures at the schmancy pool because of the naked girls, but here's the family pool for the "normal people"At night we went to Jet cuz Tryst and XS didn't have guestlists during memorial wknd so promoter man couldn't put us on there, and we already went to tao and pure last time. And like I said, we were not about to pay for clubs. double nuh-uh. And besides, SOULJA BOY was at Jet and he is the cutest 18 yr old cutie pie ever! Youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! We were literally 1 feet away from him. That made the 4 hr wait and "almost" cat-fight so worth it!
We were actually in Vegas for less than 48 hrs, slept for 6 hrs altogether. We always manage to do it for less than $100, including Wynn buffet! It's not ghetto to split a crappy hotel room across 6-7 people... is it? we're technically still poor college students! yea, so it's ok.
Then we vanned back, and I stayed up for the rest of sunday and memorial day finishing my 2 papers that were due on tuesday and basically did not see daylight. Yes, soldiers, I put memorial day to productive usage instead of "having a barbeque and watching saving private ryan on ABC", which according to my classmate, is what people do on memorial days. I think I got about 14 hrs of sleep in those last 5 days. DAMN I'm good! :) McDonald's iced coffee works like a charm.
Yesterday we checked out this little baby:


Half Pesto Pizza and half Cheri O "Chi Chi". I only know this cuz I've eaten pizza in Italy, but they like to put HUGE toppings on their pizzas. At least huge in comparison to American pizzas. They basically don't chop anything into little pieces for you. It's just stuff thrown on top of the dough. I suppose they're trying to be authentic.
I know it looks kinda gross, and let me just clarify that when you actually eat it... it's exactly as gross as it looks. Those white blobs are ricotta cheese, which is nice in lasagna, but not so nice in huge, mouthful globs. And bitter arugula on pizza? you'd think, "COOL! THAT'S NEW!" at least that's what I thought... but NOPE! Bitterness and pizza do not go together. In fact, bitterness does not go with any flavor of anything.Also, the Cheri O side (with the prociutto) had Gorgonzola cheese in it, which I did not know resembled stinky goat cheese. I was so disappointed cuz I've been wanting to try this place forever, and it got so many good reviews! But I guess if you're a fan of strong cheeses, this is the place for you.
What would a sheep say about my upcoming 2 wks of spring qtr? It's baaaaaaaaad. GET IT GET IT?!? at least that's what Farhad would say, and he's visiting right now! I have to read Bridget Jones' Diary. I know, what a drag. But I also have to read Kim by Rudyard Kipling, and even worse, Alexander Pope, which really is a drag! Also, I have to prepare for my management class because the midterm killed me and I'm actually very worried. Can't you tell by the constant mentioning of food on this blog?
Speaking of which, I feel like baking a tartlette...
I picked up my grad gown today and signed up for the alumni package. that means IT'S OFFICIAL! I CAN FEEL COLLEGE ENDING! Don't even get me started on that... another time, another day. Too much writing, you must be sick of reading about me. Yes, all 2 of you. G'night and I <3 you both!


No comments:
Post a Comment