Wednesday, April 27, 2011

If you haven't seen me in the past couple days

You're lucky because I've been the sickest I have since a lonnnng time!

Usually I crush germs inside my body like little bugs (but not really cuz I'm scared of killing bugs), but this one has lasted FOREVER. Well, since Coachella! I actually got sick a few hours before leaving Coachella, so at least the amazing music wasn't ruined by phlegm and bacteria. But for some reason, it won't go away!!!

Mike bought me some flowers to make me feel better! Although if he really knew me, he would have just bought me ice cream:

99 cent chocolate covered cones! Mmmm!!! I ate all the chocolate coating and gave the yucky faux vanilla soft serve to Mike :) I'm the best girlfriend ever:


Maybe its because I refuse to get more sleep, haven't really been eating healthier, and ran 8 miles right before I started to get better, and stayed up till 3:30 AM chatting the night away with one of my best friends who is on Spring Break from med school in NY! and then it was all downhill from there... I was feeling good 2 days after I first got sick, but since I ran last week, my symptoms have been so bad that I am actually considering taking medication... but I decided I'm gonna stick through it and FORCE my body to recover! Fight through, tiny white blood cells!!!

If you haven't been around me, you're lucky also because I've been doing a lot of baking, cooking, and EATING... and I try to pawn off whatever I make to people around me, aka Mike. It's usually the other way around, and people are lining up for freshly baked goods, but not in my case... I brought a batch of mint chocolate cookies to work to share, and only 2 was eaten! I'd like to think it's not cuz my cookies taste like charcoal, but because it's passover. yeah, that must be it...


Since Mike is so fortunate to be in my vicinity, he's been forced to eat cookies, muffins, chocolate covered strawberries, chilli, fish, basically anything I feel like cooking, and the tons of candy that I stash around to keep me happy. I think I introduced the concept of candy and junk food to Mike's house. Can you believe there is a person in existence who doesn't enjoy that stuff?! I refuse to believe it, and instead will just keep making Mike eat them until he is addicted to MSG and saturated and trans fats like moi!

I also cooked for my mom and promised her that whatever I make will be yummy... what a fool she was to believe that one! She should know me better by now and have cooked a back up meal because the one I make is guaranteed to fail. People burn veggies all the time, right?

Also, April is grilled cheese month and I've been craving a grilled cheese sandwich FOREVER! This is from Clementine, which is the most adorable cafe ever and is creating 15 different grilled cheese weekly in honor of the beautiful dish! [Grilled Philly Cheesesteak]


Yummy breakfast with my favs also makes me feel better :D [Apple Walnut French Toast @ Nick's] Hmm... I wonder if I should make my own french toast...


It's SOOOOO nice out that I think I HAVE TO go running today!!! Even though I still feel kinda crappy and I've been drinking so much water that I have to pee ever 10 minutes... but the sun is calling my name!

Lets hope I feel better by friday morning because I'm heading to New Orleans for 4 days for the Jazz Fest and also for heart-attack inducing foods and brain-cells killing drinks!

YAYE!!! :D

No comments: