Thursday, May 19, 2011

calm before the storm

Since the half-marathon/5k weekend, I haven't done one bit of running (except yesterday when I spotted a candy store just like Sweet Factory on 3rd street promenade called Candy Baron, and dashed for a bunch of sour belts and grape fruit gummies... I might have gotten carried away and bought $10 worth of candy, don't as me how...)

The past few days I've been takin' it easy breezy, and it's been nice since starting tonight a whole slew of commotion is gonna be happening and I won't even have time to catch my breath! Tonight is a friend's Iraq deployment party, then Vegas from tomorrow morning to Sunday, and then straight to a UCLA friend's wedding in Temecula on Sunday night! My first wedding ever, I am SERIOUSLY excited! What are weddings like?! Can you believe it but I've never been to one, and I imagine it to be a wonderful affair with lots of floating flower pedals, a harp playing in the background, and wood-nymphs spinning and sprinting around showering glitter everywhere. At least thats how my wedding is gonna be... if I have one that is :)

Kinda like this:


With my relaxation time, I've been eating DELICIOUS food! Wine + meat + gourmet salad bar + awesome company = HEAVEN (and maybe really bad meat coma)

And continuing the pumpkin-obsessed baking, (I know I'm 2 seasons too late), as well as the only one eating my baking :( And spending my spare time efficiently like watching Mike play basketball with my sister's boyfriend's friend (talk about degrees of separation!) but actually not really watching and missing his 90% shooting streak cuz I was trying to get my iphone to connect to the internet the whole time... why would you give a person with A.D.D a smart phone is the real dilemma!:


And being absolutely floored by some food and cooking blogs. I have no idea how they are so creative with ingredients, and make food look SOOOOOO good. I'm uber jealous, and want some of their magical photography and culinary skills! And also, their ridiculous amount of spare time to make these things everyday...

Here are just a few of my favs... there are actually like 50 more. Thank God for google reader!!!




creme brulee french toast

iced

My breakfast looks just as yummy... right?!? And trust me, everything tastes better in a mug with daisies painted on it:

Someone should stop me from looking at food blogs because it makes me super hungry and only leads to me attempting to recreate them myself, and that never ends well for anyone.

Someday I will move to Switzerland and open my own coffee/pastry/book shop, and even if I'm the only one eating everything I bake, at least my body fat will be able to keep me warm in the Alps!

Ciao, let the weekend festivities commence! :D

No comments: