Tuesday, May 24, 2011

love

It's nice to be back to the everyday routine, although I can't say that I didn't have one of the most wonderful weekends ever, filled with friends and love :]

Before heading off to Vegas on friday morning, I guess I technically checked off one of the things on my LA bucket list: Bar Hopping in Downtown Santa Monica! except now I know why no one really hangs out in DTSM... the bar scene is only hoppin if you're a 35+ male who is either a stout Irish man or has the alcohol taste buds of an Irish man. Don't think I'll be going there past 9pm anytime soon! Mike and I did eat at the cutest Omelette Parlour once after coming back from the beach, half off omelettes from 6:30-7:30 AM (like we're ever gonna make that, but we can dream)! We ended up at Barney's Beanery and saved the night anyway by pigging out and drinking... probably not the smartest thing to do before leaving for Vegas the next morning!

Vegas was a blast and sooo chill! I wanted an all-girls trip and it was a total girl hangout with my favorite people



Here's Trista, my college roomie who has never been to Vegas before... woooo Vegas Virgin!!!

We went to Marquee, Surrender, and Tryst! Marquee was super fun... gotta admit everything was kinda blurry due to Patron shots, but I remember it being really similar to TAO in that it had 3 stories, and the top floor had a loung-y pool area! We actually left the club really early... like 1:30AM because "someone" (no names :) got kicked out and I had to take her home. It was a pretty hilarious night! Here's a picture of trista in the left corner, and the guy scamming on her while she's oblivious (I somehow ended up on the upper dancing area):

We spent literally 4.5 hours at the Wynn Buffet just eating, talking, and chillaxing girl-time style... H.E.A.V.E.N. I love these girls! The sparkly red velvet cupcake was the highlight of the buffet! There's edible glitter all around, Kesha style! Oh, and they also had king crab legs and creme brulee! droooooollllll! I'm pretty sure we burned off half the meal just talking and laughing... or at least that's what I'm gonna tell myself...

After partying at Tryst and Surrender on Saturday night, Sunday some of us woke up at 7AM to head back to LA since I had a wedding in Temecula to catch, and B & T had some serious studying to do!

It was a rough and long day, and I gotta say I was pretty exhausted due to the 8.5 hours in the car and the overall lack of sleep and dehydration... but right when I got to Temecula and saw how beautiful everything was, I felt completely refreshed and awake!

The wedding is honestly one of the most amazing experiences I have ever witnessed, probably because it's my first! And because it is just beautiful to see your friends so utterly happy! The groom, Eric Park, is my friend from freshmen year at UCLA, and one of our other mutual friends, Kevin, was one of the groomsmen. When I saw how genuinely joyous Eric was on his big day, with a shining smile plastered on his face, my heart completely swelled up. And as Christine, the bride, walked down the aisle, tears were streaming down both their faces and they looked as if they only needed each other for the rest of their lives to be happy. Not that I cried or anything... or am tearing up as I type this right now...

Love is an amazing thing to witness. Eric said he just... knew :)

The wedding was perfect. It was really intimate, probably around 80 people, and half were family. It was also a D8 reunion of sorts (our dorm floor first year of UCLA), and I got to see old faces I hadn't in a long while!

Plus, open wine bar! How can you go wrong with that?! And a DJ who knew to drop the hottest beats and got the traditional Korean parents dropping their bootay to Black Eyed Peas :D

There was NEVER a dull moment during the entire wedding... it flew by, actually! I forgot I was tired at all! Funny to see how people grow from when I first met them, about 6 years ago! WOW we're old! I cannot wait till all my other friends start getting married, weddings are the greatest things ever! I've always had this negative, cynical approach towards marriage, but seeing how happy and perfect Eric and Christine were, the wedding got me thinking that maybe marriage isn't always such a morbid thing, and there may really be happily ever afters for some people!

But rest assured, for now, marriage is still far from my path though!

Life takes us all down such unexpected roads... what a beautiful thing <3

No comments: